Vampire is a term given to blood-sucking demons.
All Vampires drink blood. Vampires require blood to keep themselves strong, but often exercise self-discipline over their cravings. They can eat normal food, but have limits to this. Xi Tai considers the Vampires Blood consumption as a form of dominance over humans as he believes that strength is based on who eats who.
Vampires are generally loathed by humans and are mistrusted. Vampires in turn have little care for humans, as humans are too weak and short lived. As a result, Vampires tend to pay more attention to other Vampires. Ge Chen, however, believes it is okay for Vampires to miss some humans.
During the auction by the Giovanni Clan, it was shown that humans are willing to buy and keep weak and injured Vampires as pets. A female vampire was shown being sold for 170,000,000 at the auction, she was held naked in a cage on display.
All Vampires have similar abilities listed below;
- Humans can be embraced via a bite from another Vampire, this creates a low-level Vampire in turn. The Vampire must then drink from the one who embraced them within a day, as was the case of Xi Yan.
- If not, they become a blood-craving Vampire who has no control over their cravings. Vampires who end up like this crave blood and will drain their victims to the point it kills them, as was An Chou. Jiang Xue Yang also met his death at Xi Yan's fangs before she accepted Yi Sai's blood.
- The only protection known to prevent a human becoming a Vampire is Mei Yue Yin blood.
- They have access to incredible strength and agility
- Sometimes they use bat-familiars.
- Bat familiars are quite commonly used by members of the Sabbat such as Fan Le Lao. They are either used alone or in most cases groups. Familiars can attack but are shown to be generally weak and easily killed. Each bat can act as a set of eyes to monitor events from a distance allowing the user to watch from afar without being anywhere near the bat. Early on in the storyline, the hunters encountered Familiars prior to the Sabbat attacking. A familiar who manages to bite a foe will store their blood inside them. This can be used in conjunction withThe Cup of Blood.
- Flight is a general ability that Vampires and some others can learn. The spell can be morphed to allow the user to dive into deep others.
- Talons - Vampires can turn their nails into talons
Abilities in bold were named, the rest listed are ability descriptions. Not all of these spells are known by every Vampire and some are clan specialties.
- Teleportation; As demonstrated by Ge Chen. Can teleport himself or others. It is a Ventrue Clan specialty.
- Beast Blood - A Gangrel Clan specialty, the Gangrel goes into a rage, their speed, strength and aggression greatly increases.
- Animal Empathy - the Gangrel takes over the animals mind, allowing for a few minutes to control the animal. It is a clan speciality.
- Power of destruction - Fan Le Lao mastered this, this is a high level power.
- Fire - Taught to Xi Yan but her sire Yi Sai and later learnt by Yue Jian
- Water - mentioned as a spell Yi Sai wanted to teach Xi Yan
- Ice - mentioned also as a spell he wanted to teach Yi Xia.
- Chains - used as a whip or to hold a foe, they appear a single or more length of chain the user can control. They are usually red, but some instances show a white set.
- Sky Trap - a spell used by Jalousie, it creates a cage of chains.
- Evil Chains - used against Zhao Yan by Fan Le Lao it held her still until Xi Yan broke it.
- Healing - Various vampires have used their abilities to heal by Fraser, Xi Tai and others, but not known by all.
- 7 Moons - used by Fan le Lao to control Zhao Yan, originally admitted to her via a medicine.
- 4th Moon; tells Zhao Yan to give Fan Le Lao her blood.
- Spirit summon - a Malkavian Clan specialty allows them to interact with spirits.
- The differences between Vampire: The Masquerade Vampires and Vampires in Vampire Sphere are notable as following;
- In VtM, Vampires cannot venture out during the day at all.
- They cannot consume food of any form.
- The exceptions to this rule in VtM are the Thin Bloods of the Caitiff.
- In VtM, Vampires do not age, that is to say they do not age as though they were alive, but rather they age because time ages their bodies. The eldest Vampires tend to look like old relics, more so then they do elderly men and women. Because of this, Vampires in VtM rarely embrace children as a Vampire cannot develop into a adult in either body or mind, resulting in a Vampire who never "grows up" or fully understands the world around them leaving them as a social taboo. In VS, they are born and age as children would as their Vampiric powers begin to kick in, though can live for centuries.
- One thing both series covers is the concept of Humanity and the impact becoming a Vampire has both on the Vampire and any humans connected to them. While Xi Yan stuggles to maintain her true self, Fan Le Lao talks about the true nature of humanity and dismisses it due to its darker side. Even Humans Zhao Yan and Yue Jian are subject to beliefs of others which force both of them to question their humanity and if they truly are justified in their morals and beliefs.