Vampire is a term given to blood-sucking demons.
All Vampires drink blood. Vampires require blood to keep themselves strong, but often exercise self-discipline over their cravings. They can eat normal food, but have limits to this.
Vampires are generally loathed by humans and are mistrusted. Vampires in turn have little care for humans, as humans are too weak and short lived. they tend to pay more attention to other Vampires. Ge Chen, however, believes it is okay for Vampires to miss some humans.
All Vampires have similar abilities listed below;
- Humans can be embraced via a bite from another Vampire, this creates a low-level Vampire in turn. The Vampire must then drink from the one who embraced them within a day, as was the case of Zhi Yan.
- If not, they become a blood-craving Vampire who has no control over their cravings. Vampires who end up like this crave blood and will drain their victims to the point it kills them, as was An Chou. Jiang Xue Yang also met his death at Zhi Yan's fangs before she accepted Yi Xai's blood.
- The only protection known to prevent a human becoming a Vampire is Mei Yue Yin blood.
- They have access to incredible strength and agility
- Sometimes they use bat-familiars.
- Bat familiars are quite commonly used by members of the Sabbat such as Fan Le Lao. They are either used alone or in most cases groups. Familiars can attack but are shown to be generally weak and easily killed. Each bat can act as a set of eyes to monitor events from a distance allowing the user to watch from afar without being anywhere near the bat. Early on in the storyline, the hunters encountered Familiars prior to the Sabbat attacking. A familiar who manages to bite a foe will store their blood inside them. This can be used in conjunction withThe Cup of Blood.
- Flight is a general ability that Vampires and some others can learn. The spell can be morphed to allow the user to dive into deep others.
- Talons - Vampires can turn their nails into talons
Abilities in bold were named, the rest listed are ability descriptions. Not all of these spells are known by every Vampire and some are clan specialties.
- Teleportation; As demonstrated by Ge Chen. Can teleport himself or others. It is a Ventrue Clan specialty.
- Beast Blood - A Gangrel Clan specialty, the Gangrel goes into a rage, their speed, strength and aggression greatly increases.
- Animal Empathy - the Gangrel takes over the animals mind, allowing for a few minutes to control the animal. It is a clan speciality.
- Power of destruction - Fan Le Lao mastered this, this is a high level power.
- Fire - Taught to Zhi Yan but her sire Yi Xai and later learnt by Yue Jian
- Water - mentioned as a spell Yi Xai wanted to teach Zhi yan
- Ice - mentioned also as a spell he wanted to teach Yi Xia.
- Chains - used as a whip or to hold a foe, they appear a single or more length of chain the user can control. They are usually red, but some instances show a white set.
- Sky Trap - a spell used by Jalousie, it creates a cage of chains.
- Evil Chains - used against Zhao Yan by Fan Le Lao it held her still until Zhi Yan broke it.
- Healing - Various vampires have used their abilities to heal by Fraser, Xi Tai and others, but not known by all.
- 7 Moons - used by Fan le Lao to control Zhao Yan, originally admitted to her via a medicine.
- 4th Moon; tells Zhao Yan to give Fan Le Lao her blood.
- Spirit summon - a Malkavian Clan specialty allows them to interact with spirits.
- Unlike the Vampires of traditional western media, and the franchise Vampire Sphere is loosely based upon (Vampire: The masquerade), Vampires can venture out during the day.
- Likewise the same goes for food. In Vampire Sphere they are quite capable of eating food with restrictions while in traditional western media Vampires are not capable of eating (though sometimes featuring them eating non-blood substances is a joke). However, the rule is not true for Vampire: The masquerade and Vampires known as "thin bloods" are often able to eat food as normal without problems.