Clan Toreador (扥瑞多, Dèn ruì duō) are a member of the 7 secret Vampire clans of the Camarilla.
Their major meeting place is Aisha Valenica Academy, located in Samier City, a school which caters to families of royalty. The school, as such, has many members of their clan present on its campus, making it difficult for other vampires simply to walk in the front door and approach their leader.
- They are based on the clan of the same name from Vampire: The Masquerade. They admire beauty and art and typically their members are attractive and creative. Vampire Sphere also notes the rivalry of their clan and the Ventrue Clan.
- Clan members have shorter lifespans then other clans, as they usually despise being a Vampire as the cost is loss of humanity, the thing they need for creativity. The Toreador that survive for long periods become masters of the arts, for example they create a painting so life-like that it not only could be mistake for a photograph, but it can seem to come alive. But they loose their sense of expression and this reflects in the painters artwork, as while the skill is at a level few can master, the overall painting itself shows a lack of enthusiasm or inspiration on the artists part. The elder also are highly reluctant to accept newer forms of art for this reason such as the style of art that appeared from the 20th century onwards among mortal kind.
- Not all of them end up with a high social status and the difference between the highest ranked Toreador and lowest is notable and the majority of Toreador don't achieve much at all. Their clan, however, has a reputation wherein members can climb hierarchy quickly among their peers and fall just as quick overnight. The age or Generation of a Toreador can also not matter in this at times and it is possible for a younger Toreador to steal a position held by an elder. They enjoy the presence of a family, which no other Vampire clan to such lengths as the Toreador do and they overall prefer mortal company overall to Vampire company.
- Due to the quick pace of their clans hierarchy and their short lifespan, while they are not great planners on a long term scale, they are the most adaptable of the clans. They cease opportunities quicker then any other clan and are much better at improvised plans over all then them too.
- Their Clan logo comes from VtM, for within the storyline they are known as "the Clan of the Rose". This refers to their connection to humanity, their inability to let the Human world go and their passion for the expression of what little they hold onto from their pre-embrace. As such, they are known as "the heart of the Camarilla".
- During a period when its ownership was in question, Whitewolf saw the loss of much of its old properties. VtM licensing was lost in the process and various elements of VtM were no longer able to be used during this time. VtR was created as the replacement for the loss of VtM overall. VtR was a simpler format then VtM and was much easier to follow for players, though was considered inferior overall by many players of VtM. It was eventually shelved as the main RPG storyline when Whitewolf sorted out its issues and was able to once again publish VtM. The Toreador did not survive as a name into VtR, but were used as a basis for the clan Daeva.
- The Toreador are based on the idea of the vampire being a lustful or passionate creature, being seductive and manipulative to their victims to feed on their blood, this becomes more true for the clan in modern nights.
|The Seven Secret Clans||Nosferatu Clan ● Ventrue Clan ● Toreador Clan ● Gangrel Clan ● Tremere Clan ● Brujah Clan ● Malkavian Clan|
|Leaders||Ge Chen ● Tukata ● Fraser ● Dye You ● Clain ● You Te ● Brujah Idealist Leader|
|misc. characters||Lilla ● Yue Jian ● Ji Xiu● Wei Er ● Lan Qi ● Brujah Iconolast Leader ● Brujah Individualist Leader ● Former Ventrue Leader ● Former Gangrel Leader|
|Sacred Weapons||Corpse Hand ● The Staff ● Poison Bottle ● Illusion Mirror ● Spirit Ring● The Axe ● Devil Doll|
|other||Forbidden Sphere ● Cain ● Kai Lun Academy● Nunu● Zhui Yan|